The Five Minute Literacy Box – Stage Two
Request A FREE 28 Day Trial
How It Works
Box 2 has been developed to build on and continue the established routines, skills and self-help strategies that have made The Five Minute Literacy Box (Box 1) so successful.
All activities are multi-sensory – “hear, see, say, write” for every task, making it ideal for dyslexic children as well as slower learners and second language children.
Box 2 covers the next stage of phonic development – consonant digraphs, triple digraphs, vowel digraphs, generalised spelling patterns, keywords 100 – 300, dictionary skills, auditory discrimination skills and most importantly transferring all the skills into confident writing.
It provides the next stage step-aside spelling programme to ensure that children experience and share success in ‘test’ situations, thereby maintaining self-esteem and a more positive attitude.
Price £79.95 (+VAT & Postage)
Box 2 provides:
- a follow on to Five Minute Literacy Box when all skills are confident.
- a second start programme to reading and writing second stage phonics, next level keywords, generalised spelling patterns and dictionary skills
- an ideal programme for children learning English as an Additional Language
- takes children to the next level of reading and helps establish confident writing
The Five Minute Box was designed within school settings to fulfill several purposes:
- To provide an easy to manage teaching system for any child who needed extra time to learn or to consolidate basic skills, managed by a Teaching Assistant for a few minutes a day.
- To ensure that any child who may turn out to be dyslexic has had multi-sensory teaching since starting school rather than waiting to be diagnosed later and then having to start from the beginning again.
- To work alongside any phonic reading and spelling scheme already in place in school
- Most importantly, it is a system that children engage in with the utmost enthusiasm, taking ownership of their learning and progressing from the very first time they open the Box.
What People Say
You have really captured our imagination and we are all filled with great enthusiasm for the Five Minute Box…being used with great effect!
…how delighted we are with our Five Minute Box…it has been a great success…well worth the money. The children themselves love the Box too. It looks professional and business-like.
We know the importance of self-esteem in learning. We also know that students with specific learning difficulties can have lower self-esteem due to their degree of self-awareness, previous learning experiences, and many other external factors. So, how can we give...
Children need to be engaged in a teaching system for early literacy skills as soon as they enter school.