The Five Minute Literacy Box – Stage Two
How It Works
Box 2 has been developed to build on and continue the established routines, skills and self-help strategies that have made The Five Minute Literacy Box (Box 1) so successful.
All activities are multi-sensory – “hear, see, say, write” for every task, making it ideal for dyslexic children as well as slower learners and second language children.
Box 2 covers the next stage of phonic development – consonant digraphs, triple digraphs, vowel digraphs, generalised spelling patterns, keywords 100 – 300, dictionary skills, auditory discrimination skills and most importantly transferring all the skills into confident writing.
It provides the next stage step-aside spelling programme to ensure that children experience and share success in ‘test’ situations, thereby maintaining self-esteem and a more positive attitude.
Price £79.95 (+VAT & Postage)
Box 2 provides:
- a follow on to Five Minute Literacy Box when all skills are confident.
- a second start programme to reading and writing second stage phonics, next level keywords, generalised spelling patterns and dictionary skills
- an ideal programme for children learning English as an Additional Language
- takes children to the next level of reading and helps establish confident writing
The Five Minute Box was designed within school settings to fulfill several purposes:
- To provide an easy to manage teaching system for any child who needed extra time to learn or to consolidate basic skills, managed by a Teaching Assistant for a few minutes a day.
- To ensure that any child who may turn out to be dyslexic has had multi-sensory teaching since starting school rather than waiting to be diagnosed later and then having to start from the beginning again.
- To work alongside any phonic reading and spelling scheme already in place in school
- Most importantly, it is a system that children engage in with the utmost enthusiasm, taking ownership of their learning and progressing from the very first time they open the Box.